Lorain County Farm Bureau Policies For 2012-2013
Accepted policies adopted September 6, 2012
We the members of the Lorain County Farm Bureau resolve…
- Roads – We encourage the use of rumble strips at dangerous intersections.
- Car Insurance – We support increasing the minimum amount of insurance coverage for car insurance.
- Police District – Does the membership of Lorain County Farm Bureau support the creation of the Lorain County Joint Police District in the 16 of the 18 townships? YES
- Funds – We support restoration of local government funds.
- Oil & Gas – Should Lorain County Farm Bureau continue to support educating their members about issues concerning oil and gas leases? YES
- LCCC – Should Lorain County Farm Bureau continue to support agricultural education programs at Lorain County Community College, as long as they provide a balanced approach to all types of agricultural systems (ex. organic versus conventional)? YES
- Casino – We encourage Lorain County Commissioners to use monies gained through the casino revenues to fund Lorain County’s Ohio State University Extension and 4-H programs.
- Land Bank – Lorain County Farm Bureau opposes the creation of the Lorain County Land Bank.
- Ohio Turnpike – We oppose the privatization of the Ohio Turnpike.
- We encourage the state attorney general’s office to investigate HSUS (Humane Society of the United States) for false advertising.
- We encourage OFBF (Ohio Farm Bureau Federation) to support its members to investigate the legality of perpetual land leases.
- OFBF (Ohio Farm Bureau Federation) should oppose term limits in Ohio.
- We support that school zone speed limits ʻrestricted timesʼ should be posted instead of just posting ʻduring restricted times.ʼ
- We encourage American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF) to support enhanced income tax incentives as listed in House Bill (1964) and Senate Bill (339).