The Farm Bureau
With over 190,000 members, the Ohio Farm Bureau is a federation of 87 county Farm Bureaus and is Ohio's largest general farm organization. Farm Bureau members in every county volunteer in the state to serve on boards and committees working on legislation, regulations, and issues which affect agriculture, rural areas, and Ohio citizens in general. These hard-working members are supported by a staff of professionals working to assist them in their action-oriented activities. This website supports the boards of Cuyahoga, Erie, Huron, and Lorain Counties.
News and Upcoming Events
The following links are an attempt to recap what the respective county Farm Bureaus have done in the last program year. They are not everything each county Farm Bureau has done but a short recap of their activities.
Cuyahoga County highlights
Erie County highlights
Huron County highlights
Lorain County highlights
- October 22, 2016 — Lorain County Farm Bureau's Pasture to Plate event at The Ziegler Barn — Griggs Rd. in Wellington — 5:30 pm — Click here for all of the details.
- November 12, 2016 — Erie County Farm Bureau's Young Ag Professionals Event at Milan Wine Post — 1 North Main St., Milan — 6-9 pm — RSVP by November 4th— Click here for all of the details
- November 14, 2016 — Erie County Farm Bureau Promotion & Education Committee Meeting — Call the office for details
- November 30, 2016 — Ohio Farm Bureau Federation 4th Annual Farm & Food Leadership Forum
- December 1-2, 2016 — Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Annual Meeting
- February 3-4, 2017 — Ohio Farm Bureau Young Ag Professionals Winter Leadership Experience — Hyatt Regency Hotel in Columbus — Register by December 15, 2016 here
- February 11, 2017 — 4th Annual Lorain County Farm Bureau Brunch With a Farmer
- February 22, 2017 — Ohio Farm Bureau's Ag Day at the Capital
- February 25, 2017 — Huron County Chamber of Commerce Home & Business Show at Norwalk Middle School — 64 Christie Ave. — 10 am-4 pm